REACH regulation came into force 1st June 2013 and replaces the old system of Regulation Registration, Authourisation and Restriction of chemicals and acts to control the import of chemical products from outside the EU with the following aims in mind.
- To allow free movement of chemicals within the EU market
- To provide the best level of protection to all humans ensuring human health and preserving the environment
- To increase innovation within the EU chemical industry
- To increase competitiveness within the EU chemical industry
- To make the manufacturers and suppliers responsible for the product understanding and risk management
- To increase use of alternative methods for hazardous properties analysis of chemical substances
AMC (UK) Ltd is REACH compliant.